Advanced registration is now closed. We will be accepting walk-in registrations based upon availability.
The ABTA’s annual Patient and Family Conference is where patients, families and caregivers come together to learn more about the latest advances in brain tumor research, treatment and care.
It is a dynamic time for the brain tumor community as momentum in our understanding of brain tumors is leading to exciting new approaches to their diagnosis and treatment.
American Brain Tumor Association’s 2016 Patient and Family Conference, Precision Medicine and its Impact on Brain Tumors: Low Grade, High Grade and Metastatic, is a groundbreaking opportunity for patients, families and caregivers to learn about the latest advances in brain tumor research, treatment and care from leaders in the field. Join more than 250 patients, caregivers, health care providers, researchers and others July 29-30, 2016.
- Physicians will present the latest precision medicine treatment options and symptom management techniques for low-grade glioma, high-grade glioma and metastatic brain tumors
- Researchers and doctors will highlight treatment advances in neurosurgery, radiation and immunotherapy
- Health care professionals will discuss:
- The International Low-Grade Glioma Registry
- Resources for returning to work
- The World Health Organization (WHO) re-classification of glioma
- Strategies in caring for the caregiver
- Healing and finding support
- A special session for the newly diagnosed will cover how to navigate the early days of a brain tumor diagnosis and what information patients, families and caregivers would need to know in order to be empowered with information and resources to make informed decisions throughout their treatment and care.
- Manmeet Ahluwalia, MD, FACP (Cleveland Clinic), Program Planning Co-Chair
- Elizabeth B. Claus, MD, PhD (Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Yale University School of Public Health), Program Planning Co-Chair
- Kenneth Aldape, MD (University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital)
- Mitchel S. Berger, MD, FACS, FAANS (University of California, San Francisco)
- E. Antonio (Nino) Chiocca, MD, PhD, FAANS (Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute)
- David A. Reardon, MD (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute)
- July 29-30: Patient & Family Conference Individual Registration ($75/person). Includes conference materials, exhibit visits and researcher poster sessions; Friday and Saturday sessions; Friday lunch and Saturday continental breakfast, boxed lunch, snack.
- July 29: Patient & Family Conference Friday Dinner ($25/person). Includes Friday Dinner and Networking.
Date: July 29-30, 2016
Location: Westin O’Hare in Rosemont, Illinois
Parking: Discounted $10 per day/night parking in the self-park lot
Additional questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org