Here are the top 10 reasons why we loved our mom!
10. Her knack for spelling (ask dad about the crossword puzzles, he always finished them because mom knew how to spell the words)
9. Patience, she definitely had it and Mom always had a way to make a tense situation lighter (not that there were EVER any tense situations in our house)
8. We all knew mom was a great cook from her gravy to eggplant and not to forget her chocolate cake and banana bread (enough said).
7. As you all know, mom could make any meal _Stretch_ for anyone that showed up last minute for dinner (You all know who you are).
6. There was not one function that mom did not play a hand in organizing
5. Everyone always felt welcome and at home with mom
4. She could find a positive in anything
3. Mom had an infectious smile and quick laugh, she always made you feel good. Even when you were not with her in person there were countless times we called mom because we were sad and we always hung up the phone feeling much better than when we called
2. Devotion and unconditional love to her husband, kids, grandchildren, and dogs and her loyalty to all of her friends and family
AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY WE LOVE MOM IS
1. She always put everyone before herself and she would do things for people not because they could not do them, but because she wanted to! Churchill once said...We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give...Mom gave enough to those she loved to make a thousand lifetimes.
MAY HER STRENGTH AND COURAGE BE FELT IN ALL OF US! WE LOVE YOU MOM...TO THE MOON AND BACK! THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DID FOR ALL OF US, THIS WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE BECAUSE OF YOU!
Each day 500 people will be diagnosed with a brain tumor. This is why on I will be participating in the American Brain Tumor Association's Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5K Run/Walk in Chicago. Each year, the Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5K Run/Walk provides critical funding for brain tumor research and for supportive patient care.
I am participating and fundraising to maintain and strengthen the critical resources that make such a profound difference in the lives of brain tumor patients and their families.
You can support me in my efforts by making a donation to the American Brain Tumor Association.
Click on the DONATE button to donate safely and securely online.
Your donation not only supports brain tumor patients and their families but it also supports the breakthrough research to improve, extend and ultimately save lives.
If you prefer to mail your donation, click on the donation form link and mail it in.
And remember, your donation is tax-deductible! You can learn more about the American Brain Tumor Association at ABTA.org.
Thank you in advance for your support of my efforts on behalf of brain tumor patients, their families and the researchers pursuing the breakthroughs.
_About the American Brain Tumor Association _
_Founded in 1973, the American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) was the first national nonprofit organization dedicated solely to brain tumors. For nearly 40 years, the Chicago-based ABTA has provided critical funding to researchers working toward breakthroughs in brain tumor diagnosis, treatment and care, and is the only national organization providing comprehensive resources and serving the complex supportive care needs of brain tumor patients and caregivers from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. _